Tell Us About Your Legal Issue

Work Visas

Work Visas

Before we proceed further there are certain things you must know before applying for a work permit in Canada

There is a document from the Employment and Social development Canada/Service Canada called the Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) which your employer may need to hire you. This gives the employer a permission to hire a foreign worker. The employer may need to pay an employer compliance fee and submit and offer of employment form to citizenship and immigration Canada and if the employee is exempted from getting an LMIA then this step must be taken before the employee applies for the work permit.

There is also open work permit for which your employer doesn’t need to provide any documents. In this case if you are exempted from LMIA and are approved for an open work permit then you can work in Canada.

A work permit doesn’t let you live in Canada permanently and for this you need must qualify under the immigration category. Your spouse or kids or common law partners can also come to Canada with you by applying for a study visa or a work permit.

If your spouse wants to work in Canada

The rules are the same if your spouse or common law partner wants to work in Canada. He/she needs LMIA from the employer and then can apply for the work permit.

Your spouse can apply for an open work permit if you have been granted a permit to work for 76 months or longer and doing a job at skill level 0, A or B in the national occupational classification.

Work as a student

You can work while you study. In order to work on the campus in which you are studying then you nedd to be a

  1. Full time student at a public post-secondary institution, or a private post-secondary institution which operates under the same rules as the public post-secondary institution and also receives 50% of its funds from the government.
  2. You must have a valid study permit.

There is something called the social insurance number which you need from service Canada in order to work in Canada and also get the benefits and services from the government programs.

You can also work off campus if you have a post-secondary student visa. You are eligible to work up to 20 hours per week during your regular academic sessions and work full time during your scheduled breaks. To qualify for this you must have a study permit, be a full time student, must be enrolled at a designated learning institution at the post-secondary level and must be studying a program which leads to degree, diploma or a certificate which is at least 6 months in duration.

We deal with all these kinds of work permits and we can help you get you work permit. So if you are really interested to work in Canada, don’t wait and contact us now. Call us now on .. or use the appointment tab to book your consultation.